What is a Platform?
A platform is a business model ... not simply a piece of technology. It supports an ecosystem that brings together producers and consumers to interact and transact together on a shared workspace. Unlike a website, a platform serves the needs of all parties in a market. This business model has been around forever in the form of auction houses, bazaars and more recently, design centers. Today, examples of online business platforms include 1stdibs, connecting antique dealers with antique buyers around the world, and OpenTable, connecting restaurants with diners.
The SHSQ platform connects furnishing brands and their showrooms with design professionals and other trade clients to engage in whole new ways.
- dynamic & interactive business model
- interdependent users - buyers, sellers, producers
- tools and services for all users
- collaboration across a shared workspace
- access to all products, sellers & consumers
- one-stop management - diverse transactions
- analytics on entire marketplace
- static, linear flow of information & products
- consumer only
- tools are useful only to consumer on site
- no way to collaborate across websites
- limited to site's products & those who know site
- one of many websites - fragmented management
- analytics only on website products and users
Does it replace my website?
No. Your website is the representation of your business. SHSQ on the other hand provides you with the tools and the shared marketplace platform to transact business. Your SHSQ profile enables users to link to your website.
Do I have to buy software or other technology?
No software needed. Join the SHSQ platform and we will provide the tools to enable you to transact business online and collaborate with all parties involved in the process. An API (application program interface) will enable your accounting system to interact with the SHSQ platform.
Who can use the Showroom Squared platform?
The SHSQ platform is a 'trade only' marketplace. Only those engaged in the business of design with trade credentials can participate on the platform.
- Design professionals create trade account profiles on SHSQ and may add staff to their account.
- Showrooms create their showroom profiles and can invite their current trade clients to register on the platform. They can also add staff members.
- Manufacturing brands create their brand profiles and may add staff to their account.
Who sees my information?
- All registered users can set themselves as visible or invisible on the platform. You decide who gets to see your profile.
- Design professionals can share their trade credentials with selected showrooms with whom they want to establish a trade account.
- Information related to specific quotes and orders is between the buyer and seller.
Why upload my product catalog onto SHSQ?
Because your products will be visible to all trade clients using the site. You can assign catalogs to your local and regional sales representatives so that trade buyers can place orders directly with them. You maintain control of the content completely. And now you have an actionable catalog!
What is an actionable catalog?
Using the SHSQ template, product catalog files can be uploaded on to the SHSQ site, enabling design professionals and showrooms to initiate quotes and orders directly from the product page. Orders & quotes will automatically include product images and details and link to tear sheets and specifications.
How does SHSQ improve the ordering process?
Elimination of data entry time and errors. When a trade client requests a quote through SHSQ, the quote and subsequent order generated by the showroom is pre-populated with product information as well as the product image from the catalog. The trade customer information as well as project ship to and sidemark information is also pre-populated.
Avoidance of costly misunderstandings. All interactions and specification agreements between the buyer and the seller are captured and confirmed. COM and COL ID forms are linked to orders. CFA's and other approvals are processed within the order. The inclusion of the product image on all quotes and orders is particularly a plus.
Removal of unnecessary delays. To avoid orders stalling, notifications are sent when actions are required by either party. All communications are linked to the relevant product quote or order making retrieving a cinch.
Full transparency. Visual dashboards provide at-a-glance status of all transactions. Transaction status follows progression from quote to order to invoice and through to production and delivery.
quote • order • approve • confirm • pay • track
- information all in one place
- at-a-glance status
- product details + images + links incorporated
- details autofilled - client + ship to + sidemarks
- approvals + confirmations + messaging
- COM id forms - linked + shipments tracked
- notifications of alerts + lead times + updates
- payments online
- shipments - linked + tracked
- quotes | orders | invoices - instantly converted