How does the Showroom Squared Platform differ from your website?
SHOWROOM SQUARED IS AN ONLINE BUSINESS PLATFORM FOR THE CUSTOM FURNISHINGS MARKETPLACE.
Platforms are business models - not simply a piece of technology - supporting an ecosystem that enables producers and consumers to engage with each other. Unlike a website, a platform serves the needs of all parties in the market. This business model has been around forever in the form of auction houses, bazaars, marketplaces and more recently, design centers.
Other examples of online business platforms include 1stdibs - connecting and enabling antique dealers to conduct business with antique buyers around the world; and OpenTable - an online reservation platform matching people looking for a place to eat with restaurants looking for customers to fill seats that might otherwise go empty.
The SHSQ online marketplace makes it easy for furnishing brands, showrooms and design professionals to connect with each other, provides them with the tools to conduct the business of design and promotes whole new ways to engage.
- dynamic & interactive business model
- interdependent users - buyers, sellers, producers
- tools and services for all users
- collaboration across a shared workspace
- access to all products, sellers & consumers
- one-stop management - diverse transactions
- analytics on entire marketplace
- static, linear flow of information & products
- consumer only
- tools are useful only to consumer on site
- no way to collaborate across websites
- limited to site's products & those who know site
- one of many websites - fragmented management
- analytics only on website products and users
DOES SHSQ REPLACE MY WEBSITE?
No. Your website is the representation of your business. SHSQ on the other hand provides you with the tools and the shared marketplace platform to transact business. Your SHSQ profile enables users to link to your website.